Advanced Training and Supervision for Intervention Counselors and Mental Health Professionals
This 2 day advanced training intensive is designed specifically for those who are interested in sharpening their skills, and adding new ones to their intervention "tool box". When we put interventions into action, we can practice different ways to handle different situations. A safe and supportive environment will be created to offer participants an opportunity to develop their skills as interventionists.Participants are welcome to bring and share case material within their own work that perhaps inspires or challenges them.
The techniques used here can be used for action interventions in groups, with couples, individuals. As clients move from talking about to exploring their problems in action, opportunities arrive to heal the past and clarify the present and to imagine the future.
This experiential workshop will offer addiction counselors and mental health professionals:
· Action methods to help clients break through denial and accept their powerlessness.
· Exciting and creative ways to enhance communication.
· Participants will learn how to use: Action sociometry to build group cohesion and enhance communication;
· Enhance their relationship with a Higher Power
· Doubling and role reversal as powerful tools for awareness of self and others:
· Role Play to explore challenging situations that arise on the path to sobriety and practice skills necessary to prevent relapse.
· Specific action warm ups to help focus on substance abuse related issues, co-dependency and relationship issues.
Moving Through Resistance
Interventions require proper planning. Actions speak louder than words. This workshop is highly experiential.
Learn how action methods can guide you through all the initial steps for a successful intervention and how action interventions that 'go with the resistance', honor defenses and create safety that helps to change barriers to open doors for participants to see their enabling behaviors in action.
Encourage individual and groups to warm up to spontaneity, healing and change.
Show how to break through resistance with action methods.
Cut across diversity and language barriers.
Create responsibility for participant’s feelings and behavior.
Explore where the interventionist is feeling resistance in their own life and discover how to move beyond it.
JUST PUBLISHED! LEARN THIS NEW MODEL
Trainings for mental health professionals, addiction professionals now beginning the new action model for the 12 steps. Learn to put spirituality into action to move from relapse to recovery...and put interventions into action.! Learn and earn CE hours.